Sunday, August 21, 2011

An Accident

Initially, I intended to wear the dress as is. After I pulled it on, the fabric sort of gathered around my hips, waiting to be smoothed out. I thought the draping nicely fell in a casual-messy-but-interesting way (I couldn't quite capture the flowy-ness in photos). The end result is certainly growing on me. What do you think -- experiment gone right or not worth repeating?
sunglasses: Old Navy round metal-hardware (sold here
necklace as bracelet: Forever 21 pearlescent beads & flowers (sold here)
bangles: Forever 21 mixed (similar; similar; similar)
clutch: H&M snake-embossed envelope (may still be in stores; similar)
dress as top: Ali Ro hammered silk drape (this season's version sold here)
skirt: Forever 21 scalloped linen blend (similar)
shoes: Lauren by Ralph Lauren Aela (sold here)

19 comments:

  1. You are so creative Cee even when you don't try! I love the drapey/flow-y look and feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    Those shoes are awesome, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, this dress is interesting! i think it definitely works with the look you have going on (lots of accessories!!). i bet it was hard to capture the flowy-ness, but it still looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! It looks so unique and pretty and perfect and fabulous and on and on - keep these experiments coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous girl...you come up with the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely a good accident! I've always been a fan of draping and you did it perfectly. Love the pastel and the saturated red skirt together. I'm in love with that statement necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Great color combo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant and oh so feminine. You can even wear this dress to a cocktail party or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Accident gone right! love the colour of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So creative Cee! Those two colors look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that dress...one of the prettiest dresses i've seen actually. really interesting look. i think it works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your feedback! I'll be sure to share any future good and bad accidents :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love!!! the dress is gorgeous as a top and love that you paired it with the bright orange coral skirt!! TOTALLY WORTH REPEATING!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. at first I was going to say..i love the top..wow didnt think it's a dress! you look so good with heels also! very sexieee !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely an accident gone right...it turned out as a fantastic top! Once again, your creativity blows my mind :)

    And those heels? Totally hot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, what a creative way to wear this dress as a top!! i'm loving the draping of the fabric and the colors mix beautifully!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the lavender! my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cee, I LOVE it!! I have no clue how you did it though - you might need to show us a step by step!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...