I fell in love with this Longchamp LM Metal Tote in white, size medium (sold at Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's / large version sold at Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks) at first sight. Yes, yes, I say that with every one of my bag purchases, haha. I've been on a white streak lately, and the subtle silver pattern is just too gorgeous.
A couple thoughts since I've started using this bag:
- Thumbs up to the price tag. It isn't astronomical (Chanel lovers will know what I'm talking about).
- Perfect size for everyday use. I was initially set on the large size, but after much debate, I felt the medium size suits my needs better and doesn't overwhelm my frame. The large size would be perfect if I traveled a lot though.
- It's white. Pretty as it is, folds and creases are very apparent, especially under bright lighting. I'm not a bag babier, so I'm hoping it doesn't start looking worn and old with just a few uses.
- I do wish there were more inside pockets -- or at at least make the existing one bigger. I'm used to at least two, one for my cell phone and one for my magic wallet. The single compartment does get weighed down with heavier things, which doesn't help with keeping the canvas smooth.
- The bag screams spring/summer to me. I'm not sure I'll be using it when the cooler weather hits.
- Love the long handle drops. I don't know how I've been putting up with measly 4" ones.
Do you own a Longchamp bag? How has it held up over time?
*The lighting wasn't the best when I took these pictures, but the bag is really a true white in real life.