1) Drawstring-tube jersey maxi dress in charcoal stripe, size XS (sold here) - This maxi has been on my wishlist for a long time. Small sizes sold out quickly online and in stores, so I've been patiently waiting for returns. I lucked out and found a lone XS hanging on the rack. The material is kind of thin but comfortable. The fit is pretty decent overall, but XS P would fit me better, especially the length. I can only move up the drawstring waist so high before I start to look ridiculous. Since petite sizes are all sold out, I brought this home with me and plan on taking it to the tailors for a hem. After the promo, the maxi is $22.46 in stores and $24 online.
2) Ruffle-trim tie-belt dress in white hearts, size XS (sold here) - I was drawn to the printed hearts of this dress after missing out on J.Crew's heart throb items. Besides the print, the length is about the only thing I like about this dress. The torso is roomy, neckline a bit low, and armhole is too big. I passed. The dress is $22.46 after promo online and in stores.
3) Whatever J.Crew releases, it's a pretty safe bet that Old Navy will soon follow, at a much more affordable price point. A perfect example is this polka dotted boat-neck sweater in sea salt, size XS (sold here), which happens to also come in a heart print much like J.Crew's Tippi in heart me. The sweater is thin and pretty much on par with Old Navy quality. The fit is pretty decent on me, but I worry it may shrink due to the material being 100% cotton. I did end up taking the sweater home with me to think about it some more. I'm not sure if $18.71 after promo is worth keeping or if I should wait for further reductions.
4) Rockstar super skinny jeans in sea salt, size 2R (sold here) revamped for 2012 in a rainbow of colors. I tried on last year's version in the same size (2R) and found the front to fit well, but the behind to be baggy. This year's version turned out to be the exact opposite, looks nice from the back but too many creases in the front. I strongly recommend trying on various pairs in the same size because I've seen Old Navy clothing to differ by a couple centimeters all around.
Both last year and this year's length is comparable, hitting just above the ankle bone on me. I felt last year's white color is more of a true white while this year's is more ashy. I passed. The jeans are $26.21 after promo online and in stores.
5) Rockstar super skinny jeans in honeycomb, size 0R (sold here) - Just for kicks, I also tried on the same pair of jeans a size down. I remember I had trouble zipping up last year's version. This year's? I got it to zip up but didn't feel and look at all comfortable. Yuck.
6) Printed cuffed shorts (3-1/2") in blue plaid, size 0 (item #: 143133) featured below left is a sale item, which I don't see any more of online. From my experience, Old Navy's shorts sizing is pretty consistent. This one fit as expected, with ~1 cm waist gap, which is fine with me. Not that I need any more gingham items, but I couldn't decide, so I did bring it home to think about further :D The shorts are $11.25 after promo.
7) Patterned chambray shorts (3 1/2") in green stripe, size 0 (sold here) featured below right is a new release. I heart stripes and the green is such a cheery color. I felt this pair fit exactly the same as the blue plaid version, with a similar waist gap. I passed on the shorts because for $17.21, they're still a bit pricey.
Along with the green, the patterned chambray shorts also comes in a pretty navy stripe version.