Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Striped with a Vest

It recently occurred to me that in the six months that I've owned this dress shirt, I've yet to wear it as it's intended to be worn, all buttoned up for work. I've worn it casually, as a cardigan substitute, and for extra layering purposes. Well, no longer! For today's outfit, I added a black vest and blue suede pumps so it's not simply the typical dress shirt and pants combo.

PS - Can I gush over these Ann Taylor ponte skinny ankle pants real quick? I love LOFT jeans but never have quite the same luck with AT pants for some reason even though they're sister brands. The length is perfect and hits me right at the ankles. Yes, there is bunching around the knees, but no creasing anywhere else! With most pants, I usually look like a wrinkled mess around the thighs after a full day of sitting at work. Also, no butt sagging either. I'm loving the thick, stretchy knit material. There's a side zipper and the pants are dry clean only. For reference, I'm wearing size 00, my usual AT size.
striped dress shirt, black vest, black pants, blue suede pumps
striped dress shirt, black vest, black pants
striped dress shirt, black vest, black pants, blue suede pumps
sunglasses: Walmart aviator (similar)
lips: MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Natural in N9 (sold here)
necklaces: Forever 21 (similar); Heirloom Finds (similar)
vest: Express sleeveless one-button jacket (similar - on sale; similar)
shirt: Ann Taylor striped perfect button down (this season's sold here)
ring: Elizabeth and James Windrose (sold at Shopbop - 25% off w/code FAMILY25 / Zappos / Revolve Clothing; similar)
pants: Ann Taylor ponte skinny ankle (sold here)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Christina! Just don't look too closely at the mismatching black separates ;)

      Delete
  2. I love the whole look! How would you say the AT pants compare to the J.Crew Minnie pants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I'm not going to be of much help :( I tried on a couple sizes in the Minnie pants and couldn't find a flattering size, so I didn't even bother examining the fabric more closely.

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute work outfit! Those pants look great on you, but you lost me at "dry clean only". Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become much more tolerant at dry clean only clothing because I discovered a $1.99 on any garment dry cleaners nearby! They do a decent job, so I don't mind paying for cleaning. As a result, I've also been more open minded regarding purchases, which my wallet isn't taking kindly to, lol.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...