1) The code. Simply copy without changing anything:
2) Go to where you compose posts. Note that there are two tabs, "Edit HTML" and "Compose."
3) Click on the "Edit HTML" tab and paste the code in the text area:
4) Click on the "Compose" tab. Highlight the text "1" and then click on the "Insert image" icon. Upload your image as you normally would. Repeat for text "2."
5) After you're done, you should see something like this:
6) Click on the "Preview" button (see above) to see how your images would look on your blog. *Note: there won't be a box around the images. It's there for demonstrative purposes only.
7) Go ahead and delete the text "1" and "2." I added them for temporary placeholder purposes. Replace "text above table" and "text below table" with your own text, or simply delete if they're not needed.
To add more columns or rows, continue reading. Otherwise, that's it! Now you have two images side-by-side spaced out evenly using HTML tables.
8) To add another row, simply copy and paste the original code:
9) To add more columns, copy and paste the td line. The example below has 4 columns, so the width % has to be modified from 50% to 25% (100/4) each. If you want 3 columns, use td 3 times and change the % to 33% (100/3).
Let me know if you have any questions!