Sunday, October 10, 2010

Haul: Old Navy jacket + cardigan

To continue with my Old Navy purchases from last week's sale, I also bought this Ruffle-Collar Wool-Blend Jacket in mellow yellow, size XS P. It reminded me so much of Lauren Conrad's yellow coat with the peter pan collar (I think that's what it's called). I love bright colored jackets for winter, as they stand out amongst the sea of dark winter colors. I didn't try too hard to "flatten" out the collar when I took the pic, but I think with some work it could look better. I was a bit iffy about the empire-waist style, especially on a coat buttoned up. As it turns out, I'm not sold on how it looks on me. It definitely looks a lot better unbuttoned. The sleeves and shoulder area was also a bit tight. I'm thinking about exchanging it for a regular XS, but with winter not even here yet, I bet Old Navy will put this jacket on the sale rack for cheaper than what I bought it for. I'll have to sleep on this one. It's currently being sold here.

I also bought the Old Navy V-Neck Cardigan in light heather gray, size XS Tall. Why tall and not regular or petite? I'm looking for a longer boyfriend-type cardigan and I figured this would fit the bill. The sleeves are a bit long, but I was prepared for that. The length was exactly what I was looking for and the material is so soft. This one's definitely a keeper! Currently being sold on their site.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm liking the fit and color! Since it fits a little snug on you maybe it will be a winner for smaller petites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually quite like the yellow jacket on you! And that cardigan looks so comfortable...I am in need of a gray cardigan myself so maybe I should hop over to Old Navy now. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of the items you bought. What a fun color for the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the coat. Just checked online and petite sizes were all sold out except for L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This jacket is so bright, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jacket, I think it looks great on you! If it's a bit snug then I would probably size up too as I wear layers in the Fall and Winter.

    I might check that jacket out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine recently blogged about that coat..I think several celebrities were seen wearing it in red but I can't remember who!

    And I'm always looking for more cardigans. I might have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great color for the coat and from Old Navy? I wouldn't have guessed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the yellow coat on you. The collar detail is very sweet and pretty! If I don't already have a yellow long coat, I would have pick it up. Or I just might when it goes on sale :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the coat! I bought a similar coat in a reddish-orange color from H&M, but returned it because it didn't have pockets. This Old Navy one may be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually really like the coat!! I've never had a coat that fits as snugly as that one looks on you, so I'm slightly taken aback. Will definitely try it out if there's a good sale or coupon, since I hate paying retail :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw that online and was a little skeptical just like you since empire waists look better with a longer length. I'm loving the style though! I think I'm going to check it out as well. =0D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The jacket is adorable on you!! It looks very soft and comfy.

    I am a huge fan of long sweaters, and yours is very cute on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I love both of these items! The coat is such a great colour and the simplicity of the cardigan is just amazing. : )

    xx The Little Dust Princess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I almost bought this jacket and I regret I didn't! I love the colour and you are right, not only that it stands out, it brightens up a dreary winter day!

    Just found your blog today and I'm glad I did!

    besos,

    Win a Banana Republic Statement Necklace at:

    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...