Friday, October 8, 2010

Look for less: Loeffler Randall Matilde -> Old Navy Sliver-Wedge Boots

Ever since these Loeffler Randall Matilde boots (pictured left) came out a few years ago, it's been seen on multiple celebs and lusted after by moi. The $700 price tag that comes attached is just way too steep for me. So I waited and waited... until I saw these Old Navy Sliver-Wedge boots in camel, size 6 (pictured right) for $40! Yes, $40! (currently sold here) Granted they're made of synthetic materials but look at the resemblance! I was able to buy it with their 30% off code from last week, so overall I paid a tad under $30.
The boots are fairly lightweight and thin. The inside is felt-like -- maybe suede? (probably not given the price). I've never tried on the Matildes, so I don't know how easy or hard it is to wear. Even with the zipper on the Old Navy ones, I had trouble pulling them up over my jeans! It mostly happened with my left leg, but I had to seriously wedge my feet in there while tugging on the boot shaft at the same time. It was not a pretty picture. But once I got them on, I found them to be comfortable and easy to walk in. I like to wear knee-high socks with my boots, but I don't think there will be room with this pair (unless I wear tights).
I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to trying and judging how boots look on me. Any thoughts? I'm still debating whether I should keep them. For $30, it seems like a no-brainer to keep, right? But it's still money. I do like how they look on me but putting them on is such a pain, I'm not sure it's worth it. What do you guys think? Should I keep or return?
top: Hollister
cardigan: Old Navy (currently sold here)
jeans: Hollister

*Loeffler Randall image courtesy of Revolve Clothing

6 comments:

  1. I really like them and for $30 I don't think you can go wrong! They might only last you one season, but I can see you getting a lot of use out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think at $30 it's a keeper. They look so cute on you but if the difficulty in pulling them on will detract you from wearing them then it's a return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! They are almost identical. How do they feel on your feet? I never had any experiences with Old Navy's shoes. I would keep them if they're somewhat comfortable. If they hurt your feet in a short period of time, I would return them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! I like the way you styled them.

    I just sold my Matildes in that same exact color in your pic thinking that I wasn't really going to wear them. Now I kinda regret it after seeing your pic! lol.

    The Matildes do not have a zipper, but they are fairly easy to slip on, very comfy and light too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @PetiteLittleGirl - I've only walked around the house with them on and they do feel pretty comfortable. I'll update them again after I've worn them out and about.

    @jlovesBal - No regrets! If you weren't wearing them much, it's probably best you sold them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at buying these boots but wanted to see what they looked like on a leg (that sounds odd but true) and your blog was very helpful! I look forward to reading more :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...