- Ippudo still serves the best ramen. I downed my bowl in less time than it took for us to be seated. Their pork buns are more delicious than I remember, while the chicken version was only so-so. Can any DC people share their experience with Toki Underground? I'd love to find an alternative closer to home.
- I satisfied my curiosity for C. Wonder. The store itself is so bright and colorful. I considered a few home decor items, but decided to wait until my local store opens instead of lugging around a potentially heavy shopping bag in the city. Clothing sizes seem to run similar to J.Crew (ie: XS fits a bit big on me from both stores).
- I wish I hadn't set high expectations for the W Hotel (in Midtown East). I was underwhelmed. At first glance, the decor looked nice and modern, but a closer look revealed imperfections. Our bathroom sink was partially cracked in half, the bathtub could use resealing, no free WiFi and fridge (I know, I'm spoiled), and one of the rooms was freezing (broken thermostat). Geez I sound so nitpicky, but there were positives! Rain shower head in the bathroom (I could get used to this), complimentary car service (didn't use, but reservations are booked quickly), and friendly housekeeping.
- Laduree or not, macarons are wasted on me. I just don't appreciate them like others do.
- Uniqlo legging pants are the comfiest bottoms ever. They are currently on sale for $20 in a variety of colors. I would've bought a pair in olive if XS hadn't sold out. Details include an elastic waist, back pockets, and are made of stretchy fabric that is easy to pull on and off (usually my biggest issue with jeggings) and aren't too tight.
- Gotta love Chinatown. So many cheap eats! Prosperity Dumplings are always a favorite ($1 for 5. Unreal). I also ate Xi'an noodles for the first time. Chewy wide noodles served hot or cold, dry or in soup. I had a plate with non-spicy chicken for $6. Good stuff.
- You'd think after a weekend of sensory overload, I'd be inspired to dress in more colors. Perhaps a longer stay next time is needed ;) For now, here's a simple outfit from today.
necklace: gift from aunt (similar)
ring: Forever 21 textured horse shoe (similar)
belt: J.Crew leather denim (similar)
shoes: Jones New York Harlem (sold here)