Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bows on My Toes

As much as I loved the whimsical touch a bow tie brings to an outfit, the gap between the bow tie and the neckline of the dress bothered me as the day progressed.
Untitled

The second time around, I left the top two buttons of my shirt undone, so the collars now frame the dress. The exposed neck called for some sort of an accessory, and since a bow tie is out of the question, a necklace it is. Unlike me, Kimmie achieved the collared shirt layered with a striped dress combo on the first try.
Untitled
Untitled
sunglasses: Walmart aviator (similar)
lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in wink for pink (sold here)
bow tie: American Eagle (similar)
necklace: gift from aunt (similar)
dress: J.Crew Jules dress in stripe silk twill (similar)
shirt: [1st outfit] American Eagle (similar) / [2nd outfit] J.Crew (similar)

13 comments:

  1. you can never go wrong with a striped dress! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Kimmie pull of this look so well! I know I have said something like this before...probably twice or more...but I love how you pair red, white, and blue without looking like you are part of a 4th of July parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red/white/blue is certainly one of my favorite color combos!

      Delete
  3. i definitely prefer the necklace here, too :) how do you wear a shirt under a dress without feeling all bunchy? i cant figure it out!

    $50 VISA gift card GIVEAWAY :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is actually pretty loose, so a shirt underneath doesn't bother me. I'm trying to remember if the shirt bunches up when I sit and stand up, but it isn't anything out of the ordinary. I guess the trick is to find a thinner shirt (2nd outfit is actually pretty thin) and a loose dress.

      Delete
  4. Yeah... I like the second look better.. the bow tie plus buttoned up shirt was just a little too much! In my opinion, the first outfit would work better if the dress was either higher or a lower V-neck (so the gap would either be minimized or increased and not in this no-man's land), and maybe a solid print dress that doesn't compete with the print on the bow tie? I dunno. I'm sure you'll make it work.

    and the cherry blossoms are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, agree with everything you said. I don't seem to think when I get dressed in the morning, but as I write up blog posts, it's as if a light bulb turns on, haha.

      Delete
  5. I honestly like both of them but think I prefer the second one better.

    But I second Amber's question...how do you wear the shirt without it getting bulky and bunchy?

    KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey KK, I responded to Amber above!

      Delete
  6. I rather like the first look, very charming! The second look is also great, don't get me wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SO love this and actually am really enamored with the first look! It has a wonderfully whimsical prep charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first look, with the bowtie. Then again, I almost never resist a bow. ;)

    fauxionista.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...