Thursday, September 13, 2012

Color Coded

My closet is full of drab neutrals with a few sprinkles of brightly colored items. Brights are usually an afterthought, thrown on as accent colors after I've decided on a neutral outfit. I reversed my thinking today and started with colors (a combination I've seen across the web) before finishing off with neutrals (leopard pumps). I still felt like a beacon in the middle of the ocean, but a little less so.

Have a good Thursday, everyone!
sunglasses: Walmart aviator (similar)
lips: Revlon ColorBurst in rosepearl 014 (sold here)
necklace: gift from aunt (similar)
cuff: Forever 21 swirled pearlescent bead (similar; similar)
sweater: Old Navy (similar)
pants: Ann Taylor Chelsea cropped (sold here)
clutch: H&M (similar)
shoes: Jones New York Harlem (sold here)

17 comments:

  1. Great outfit. I know I feel better when I wear color.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brights! Especially with the neutral accessories. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really shine...!!!! these colors bright but you bright even more...
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color combination. xo

    Smile On:)...Classy Pam

    http://classypam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love bright-on-bright! you should embrace this more often because it looks great on you!


    xo julesinflats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that might be the encouragement I needed to hear to do more shopping, lol :)

      Delete
  6. Love this. This is how brights should be worn! So classy! Definitely using this for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these colors on you! As I was reading your text, I felt as if you were describing me.

    Happy Friday...almost! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, wish we lived closer so we can swap closets ;)

      Delete
  8. Such an unexpected color combo but it totally works. I also liked how you used two different animal prints for accessories. Subtle but very stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. I wasn't sure if the snakeskin print would clash with the leopard, but since I didn't have another solid colored brown clutch, I figured I'd give this a shot. I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  9. i love these two colors together! so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love color combos from the opposite sides of the color wheel and you pulled this one off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this combo! The leopard shoes are the perfect touch. :) I tried a bright combo the other day, but don't feel like it worked as well (bright purple + magenta). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's because the colors are too close together in the color spectrum? Perhaps a darker shade of purple with magenta?

      Delete
  12. Such a lovely combo. That yellow sweater looks really pretty with pink pants!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...