Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ankle Booted

Today's outfit is a little different. Deviating from my usual girly/preppy/casual mix and inspired by a Madewell ad, I was able to choose similar pieces from my closet to recreate what I'd dub my wannabe-effortlessly-cool outfit -- keyword being wannabe.
plaid button-up shirt, graphic tee, leather dress as skirt, suede ankle boots
plaid button-up shirt, graphic tee, leather dress as skirt, suede ankle boots
sunglasses: Walmart aviator (similar)
lips: NYX round case lipstick in NYX (sold here)
shirt: J.Crew perfect shirt in ivory tartan (similar)
top: Old Navy "live laugh love" graphic tee (this season's sold here, here - both extra 30% off w/code SWEET)
dress (as skirt): Zara straight combination (similar; similar)
bag: Balenciaga city (this season's sold at NM / Barneys)

4 comments:

  1. Cute way to style a graphic shirt! Sometimes it's fun to try something new - you pull off effortless cool pretty well for a so-called wannabe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're too kind, Carrie <3 My secret is to fake it til you make it ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan! I've yet to find a pair of ankle boots I like on myself, but do enjoy a good pair on others. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly! I'm going to venture a guess that you'll find a pair sooner than you think. There are so many options available for fall!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...