Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Blues

A note on sizing for the H&M ankle boots I'm wearing today. I bought it online and went with my usual sz 6. I received a 37 in the mail when I was expecting a 36. I'm guessing sz 5.5 is the one that translates to a 36. It worked out for me because the 37 is perfect with socks. I don't think H&M carries half sizing, so 36 probably would have been a bit too tight. Long story short, I'd say the boots run half size small, or size up to wear with socks.
striped shirt, fur vest, brown suede booties
sunglasses: Walmart aviator (similar)
lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in blushing mauve (sold here)
necklace: Forever 21 (similar)
fur vest: Zara Girl (this season's sold here)
shirt: J.Crew Factory printed classic button-down (sold here - $26.55 w/code 12DAYS)
bag: Longchamp large Le Pliage (sold at Nordstrom / Bloomingdale's / NM)
shoes: H&M suede boots (sold here; similar)

7 comments:

  1. Great boots! You always know how to find the gems at H&M - my head always kind of spins when I go there, I don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's just luck. I find browsing online much less overwhelming... though stores usually carry more inventory, but I'll take the tradeoff :)

      Delete
  2. Love this look! The fur vest is perfect!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A winter vest in on my shopping list...now I have some inspiration. :) The vest looks nice with the collar popped over it.

    Love the torn off tape look in the new header, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I only popped the collar because the shirt was lying funny otherwise. Completely unintentional but I'll take it!

      PS - Gotta give Madewell all the credit for the tape idea and images :)

      Delete
  4. What size is the vest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm wearing sz L in the fur vest. I have a photo of the vest in a different print from when I bought mine comparing the fit of L vs XL. Sz L fits me snugly when zipped, so I usually leave it unzipped. I love Zara and their free shipping and returns, so definitely give a few sizes a try if you can! Hope that helps and let me know if you have other questions!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...