Monday, January 7, 2013

Leopard & Lace 2.0

My favorite way to mix and match my wardrobe for seemingly new looks is to change up just a few items (sorry if I'm repeating myself). Sometimes the change is quite apparent at first glance, while other times it's more subtle.

For today's outfit, I simply took the summer version then added a few winter accessories for a new look. One issue I have with wearing tights is finding the right balance on top. The dress is sleeveless, so the notion of bare arms with covered legs seem unbalanced (funny because I don't mind when I'm covered up top while going bare-legged). I solved this issue by covering my arms with a blazer. Another alternative is to wear a turtleneck with tights. Voila! A dress that takes me from warm to cold weather and back.
sunglasses: Xhilaration (sold in stores)
necklace: gift from aunt (similar)
coat: Express (similar)
blazer: H&M (similar)
rings: Forever 21 braid & chain stack ring set (similar
tights: J.Crew (sold here)
bag: H&M (similar)
shoes: Jones New York Harlem (similar)

6 comments:

  1. this is a great look -- and actually gives me some ideas of how I can mix a similar dress on mine! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty. Thank you for the ideas Cee.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the summer to winter remix. Very cute!
    Myah
    thehappyhealthywholegirl.blogspot.com
    identifemi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lace pattern! Love the look, especially with the pop of colour from the blazer.

    http://www.xjole.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have this dress and need to take inspiration from you and take it out of my closet!! it is just so cold.... :P

    you always look so lovely and pretty!

    xox P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smart! I'm going to see how I can remix my lace dress(es) for the winter ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...