Thursday, May 17, 2012

Loop-de-doop

I had pinned this image awhile back with every intention of trying out each of the 12 new (to me) ways to tie a belt. Fast forward to now, and I've yet to try a single one. I had forgotten about my pin until this morning when I was struggling with my wide brown belt. My belt was ultimately too wide and too short for intricate loops and knots. So I improvised and came up with something close to #6. Ehh... it's not the best, but it worked for my purposes.

PS - My new wedges are currently $125 with an extra 30% off and free shipping. I went up half a size due to slightly wide feet and they fit me perfectly. I wore them all day and am happy to report no blisters, no pinching; it's as if I was walking on air.
sunglasses: Old Navy round metal-hardware (similar)
necklace: H&M (similar)
sweater: Old Navy button-back 3/4-sleeve pullover (sold here)
belt: Express (this season's sold here)
ring: Spotted Moth via Kendi's giveaway (similar)
wedges: Via Spiga Missy (sold here)

8 comments:

  1. Love the yellow and lilac combo, Cee, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! I love that 12 ways pic!!

    The lavender and yellow are pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 12 ways to tie a belt. Very clever. Yellow and lavender makes a pretty comb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never thought that yellow and lavender will look so good together :) you look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty color combination. :) Just repinned the 12 ways to tie a belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I was going to say I am in love with your yellow top! But then I see the skirt and the pumps!

    Love everything!

    oxo

    ML
    Twenty York Street
    www.twentyyork.com
    Follow me in Twitter: @20YS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the drapey lavender skirt with the relaxed yellow top - such a fun way to play with proportions and of course, everything always looks fabulous on you!

    A note about wide feet, they may get wider after having kids o_O I am having a horrible time finding good running shoes that aren't $100+ (I'm not THAT invested in running).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o.O indeed! I've heard (secondhand) that feet could possibly get bigger after pregnancy. That's it! I'm determined not to buy any more designer shoes until a few years down the road, haha.

      Have you looked at Asics? I *think* that's the brand my running friends recommended for wider feet. I'm personally an adidas girl and I do go up half a size from my normal for their shoes.

      I'm not sure if there's a store near you, but I've heard about running stores where you go in and the SAs will watch you walk/run, and based on your gait they'll recommend a certain type of shoe. It's an interesting concept but I've never tried it myself.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...