Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring Brights

I've become quite accustomed to (and thus spoiled with) customer reviews on retailers' websites. Though googling for reviews/sizing info on a particular item isn't a hardship, I'm all for convenience when browsing through my favorite retailers' sites. J.Crew Factory, please get with the times!

A recent favorite purchase of mine is the J.Crew Factory long-sleeve stripe boatneck tee (on sale for $29.50). Thank you to both Fran and Jess for their reviews and sizing tips! I ended up keeping the tee in two colors. I know... duplicates, really? And stripes, again? *sheepish grin* I was originally drawn to the Forever 21 heathered striped top for the bright blue color, but the material was thin (doesn't feel like it would hold up in the wash) and the fit was off (sz S was too tight in the torso, sz M too loose everywhere).

Back to the J.Crew Factory tee. I love the thicker material, bright color, spacing between the stripes, and most of all, the looser (but not baggy) fit and longer (but not too long) length. For reference, I'm wearing size XS which measures: 15" shoulder-to-shoulder, 23.5" length, 24" sleeve length. I'd say the tee is TTS, or go up if in-between sizes. If I were to nitpick, the sleeves are tighter than usual around the forearms. It was slightly bothersome at first, but now I'm fine with because the sleeves stay in place when I wear it at three-quarter length.
blue striped stop, fuchsia pants, cognac brown tote, brown loafers
blue striped stop, fuchsia pants, cognac brown tote
blue striped stop, fuchsia pants, cognac brown tote, brown loafers
sunglasses: Walmart aviator (similar)
lips: MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Natural in N9 (sold here)
top: J.Crew Factory long-sleeve stripe boatneck tee in blue peach spring (sold here - on sale)
ring: Elizabeth and James Windrose (similar - $2.59; similar - $20.99)
pants: J.Crew Factory skimmer pant in wool (this season's sold here, here, here - all on sale)
shoes: Tory Burch Ludlow driver (similar; similar; similar)

6 comments:

  1. What a fun combination of colours. Definitely perfect for spring ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not really like me to wear such bold colors together, but what can I say? The warm weather brings out the happy side of me, haha

      Delete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad you got both colors! I'm thinking about going back for a duplicate of the white + blue version. No shame in my game!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's me enabling: do it, you won't regret it :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...