Watches from The Horse

Sunday, August 23, 2015

I find myself attending too many meetings at my new job and not having the means of telling time. I don't carry my phone everywhere with me because 1) I don't want the temptation of the phone beckoning me to check my texts/Google Hangout sessions during the inevitable lulls at meetings and 2) I'm not important enough where others need to reach me asap. Unfortunately, clocks are a scarcity at meeting spots for some reason. So my solution? A watch. I actually used to wear one daily in my younger years, but don't recall the exact reason I stopped... perhaps the invention of cell phones for the masses? Anyways, I no longer have that watch from years ago, so starting from scratch it is.

blue and pink striped shirtdress, brown belt, pink metallic clutch, oversized watch

I'm currently going through an obsession with rose gold (as evidenced by the cuffs below), so that was pretty much my only requirement. My top three contenders were the Burberry City watch (really loved the color scheme and the subtle iconic pattern) and two watches from The Horse: the Classic and the Original.

The gray watch (the Classic) lives up to its name, from the leather strap with stitching to the size and clean look of the case. The pink watch (the Original) is the more trendy of the two, with an oversized case and casual leather strap. The gray watch's 36mm case was the perfect size on my 6" wrists compared to the pink watch's oversized 42.33mm case. DH was not a fan of the pink watch on me, saying I looked like a little kid wearing a chunky toy watch, hahaha.

I briefly contemplated the idea of keeping both watches so I would have an option for both dressier days (gray watch) and casual days (pink watch). In the end, I thought that was a bit silly. Here I am, new to watches after a decade hiatus and about to jump in with multiples?! What if watches are just a phase and I tire of them quickly? So I sent the gray back and kept the pink. It ultimately came down to which one I loved more. I felt like I was settling with the gray watch and only keeping it because it was more "classic." With the pink watch, I didn't have those feelings. I loved the simpler and cleaner overall look. The rose gold and blush color scheme is actually very similar to the first watch I seriously considered (Burberry City). I thought the Burberry watch was the one until I compared the watch face side by side and found myself preferring the cleaner look of The Horse over the busier plaid pattern of Burberry.

Will the pink watch with its casual vibe go with every outfit I wear? No, and I'm okay with that. I may find my fickle self refusing to wear the watch on some days because it just does not complement my outfit. I'm sure there will also be days where I do not care about clashing accessories. The best days will be the ones where my watch proves its usefulness as I go from meetings to meetings and is the perfect outfit accessory.
The Horse (Original and Classic) watches, Giles & Brother cuff, Tory Burch cuff
bracelets: [left] Giles & Brother cuff, [right] Tory Burch cuff
blue and pink striped shirtdress, brown belt, pink metallic clutch, oversized watch, brown loafers
sunglasses: Ann Taylor Metropolis (sold here)
lips: MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Natural in N9 (sold here)
dress: Ann Taylor striped linen shirtdress (sold here - $47.93 w/code FRIENDS40)
belt: J.Crew Factory (similar)
watch: The Horse Original watch in rose gold/blush (sold here)
clutch: Jenny Yuen Cleo (similar - on sale; similar - extra 20% off w/code TICKET)
shoes: Tory Burch Ludlow driver (similar - on sale; similar)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. No, I think the pink watch looks too girly and not sophisticated enough for me. It does suit the summery outfit you wear, though!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

30 for 30 abercrombie abercrombie & fitch accessories adidas adrienne vittadini agnes b alejandro ingelmo alexandre birman ali ro alternative apparel american eagle amrita singh ann taylor anthropologie apple aqua armani exchange articles of society asos award bag balenciaga banana republic barbour bath and body works bcbg bcbgirls beauty bebe bensoni biltmore for madewell blank nyc blog every day bloggers do it better bois du boulogne bp. brian nagourney burberry by malene birger c. wonder c/meo collective canada goose cara accessories carlos by carlos santana carolina bucci cartonnier caslon casual cb2 celebrities celine chanel chantecaille chelsea28 chicwish china glaze chloe christian louboutin citrus clothing clu too club monaco coach coffee shop cole haan collection collection 18 color brigade columbia crate & barrel crewcuts cuyana cynthia rowley david yurman dc deborah lippmann decor delman disney couture diy dogeared dressy dsquared2 ebay elizabeth and james elleme equipment esprit etsy everlane express featured fendi forever 21 frank & eileen free people gap gara danielle gibson giles & brother giveaway gorjana goyard grace gift gucci h&m halogen halogen x atlantic-pacific halston heritage haul hearth & hand heirloom finds hollister how to hue hunter ikea ilnp in real life inspired by iris & ink isabel marant ivanka trump j.crew jennifer chamandi jenny yuen jewelry jimmy choo john hardy jones new york joules julie vos kate spade kristin coffin l'oreal lanvin lanvin x h&m lesportsac levi's loeffler randall loft longchamp look for less looks like summer lord & taylor lou & grey love 21 lucy m.gemi mac macy's madewell maje make make up for ever manolo blahnik marc jacobs mary katrantzou massimo dutti maybelline mercedes-benz merona michael michael kors misc miu miu mlb modcloth mossimo moulinette soeurs msgm mvmt nadri new balance new balance for j.crew nike nina ricci nine west nordstrom north face nyc nyc new york color nyx old navy olivia burton opi oscar de la renta pfc pierrepont hicks piperlime plastic island pleione polene polo prabal gurung at j.crew proenza schouler ralph lauren ramblings raphaella booz reader mail rebecca minkoff red valentino reed wilson design review revlon river island robert rodriguez ross-simons rsvp saint james saint laurent sales sally hansen sam edelman schutz shashi shinhwa shoes shopbop shopping shopstyle simply vera vera wang sinful colors professional soia & kyo sole society sony sorel sorel for j.crew sperry sponsor spotted moth stella mccartney stephanie b strathberry stuart weitzman style file superdry t3 tadashi shoji tagged talbots target the container store the horse the limited theory tips & tricks too faced topshop tory burch tous colors toys travels ugg uniqlo uniqueen unknown valentino veque for j.crew vera bradley via spiga victoria's secret vince vince camuto vineyard vines walmart ways to wear west elm white house black market wishlist work xhilaration xoxo yearly summary ysl zac posen for target zara zella