All Business

by - Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekly work customer meetings call for a slightly dressier attire than usual. And I'm not the only one with these thoughts. My coworker showed up in the male version of my outfit -- a striped dress shirt in the same color scheme tucked into black pants. Seems like a fairly standard work uniform, right? Yet we were the only ones in the room who could almost pass for twins... if only he had worn red shoes instead of black ones.

black vest, striped button up shirt, black pencil skirt, oversized watch, burgundy pumps
black vest, striped button up shirt, black pencil skirt, oversized watch, burgundy pumps
sunglasses: Ann Taylor Metropolis (sold here)
lips: MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Natural in N9 (sold here)
necklace: gift from aunt (similar)
vest: Express sleeveless one-button jacket (similar; similar - on sale)
shirt: Ann Taylor striped perfect button down (this season's sold here - $39.50)
watch: The Horse Original watch in rose gold/blush (sold here; similar)
rings: Ann Taylor pave ring set (sold here - buy 1 get 1 50% off)
skirt: Ann Taylor seamed pencil (sold here; similar)
bag: Nina Ricci small Marche in gris (sold at Barneys / mytheresa; rent; similar)
shoes: Kate Spade Jess pumps (similar; similar)

You May Also Like


  1. Professional and chic. Love it!


  2. I love that you and your co-worker were twinsies! I love the maroon/red accents you added to this classic outfit. Out of curiosity, do you take these pictures yourself with a tripod? I really admire how you are able to update your blog regularly and although I check your blog all the time, I forget to comment so thought I'd remedy that :)

    1. No worries, Stephie! Knowing that you're reading along means a lot :) I did use a tripod to take this set of photos, and do so 99% of the time. The other 1%, I make my husband do the honors, haha.


I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Disclosure: Affiliate links are used throughout this blog. Clicking through affiliate links may result in commission earnings.
© 2010 - 2018 to brighten my day | Powered by Blogger