Friday, July 24, 2015

Heat Wave

Every year I tell myself, "summer is really not that hot in DC." And every year I chastise myself for my short term memory. There's really no other way to dress for both the indoors and outdoors besides layering. A sleeveless top and lightweight pants really do help during my commute (I use commute loosely because mine is about as easy as it gets, except compared to telecommuters). Then after I arrive at work with the AC on full blast, I simply shrug on a cardigan or blazer for the rest of the day.

PS - I'm in love with these navy pants! They're lightweight, wrinkle resistant, with functional pockets, and so comfortable. They are unlined and mine came with a shiny silver button closure (neither of which are deal-breakers). For reference, I'm wearing size 0P. I usually wear regular length in pants, but the petite sizing surprisingly hits me at the perfect spot right above the ankles.
gray cropped vest, striped cami, navy pants, marine blue heels
gray cropped vest, striped cami, navy pants, marine blue heels
sunglasses: Ann Taylor Metropolis (sold here)
lips: MAKE UP FOR EVER Rouge Artist Natural in N9 (sold here)
vest: Banana Republic crossover-hem tank (sold here - on sale)
top: J.Crew Factory stripe racerback cami (this season's sold here - on sale)
bracelet: Tory Burch sculpted metal cuff (sold here - on sale; similar)
pants: MICHAEL Michael Kors stretch ankle pants in new navy (sold here)
bag: Nina Ricci small Marche in gris (sold at Barneys / mytheresa)
shoes: Ivanka Trump Boni pointy toe pumps in navy (sold here; similar)

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you. Constructive criticisms welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...